High School Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering for Horizons at Episcopal Academy is vital to supporting the program, operations and academic success of every student. We offer a limited number of students who have completed 9th grade and older the opportunity to work with Horizons K - 8th grade students in our six-week full-day summer program. Please note that volunteers must make a minimum commitment of two weeks during the summer.
Volunteers play a valuable role at Horizons by assisting classroom teachers with a variety of activities. Our volunteers help out in the following areas:
- Academic Support: work with students individually or in small groups; prepare materials for classroom activities, monitor specific activities as assigned by classroom teacher
- Enrichment Support: monitor students in all enrichment activities (sports, music, dance, art, swimming, etc.) and on field trips, actively engage with students in the activity where appropriate
- General Support: set a positive example for all students at all times; assist in cafeteria as needed during breakfast and lunch; monitor and engage with students during recess, at sports, during transitions, on bus, during swimming and on field trips
- Support additional staff as needed
To be a successful Horizons at Episcopal Academy volunteer, you will need to embody the following characteristics below.
- Maturity, restraint and make good judgment
- Respect, relate well to children and adults
- Cheerful, positive and warm personality
- Skilled patience, kindness, and tolerance
- Very adaptable and creatively able to problem-solve
Applications must be completed by Monday, March 4, 2024 at 3:00 p.m. You will be contacted by email the week of March 18th, 2024 as to your acceptance into the Horizons Volunteer Program, your work schedule, and to receive further information.